Friday 1 October 2010

Cortez has no alibi, he's ugly

Way back in 3rd edition Captain Cortez of the Crimson Fists was a special character in the Space Marine codex, and he was also the pin up on the front cover. GW thought this was too much for a 4th Company Captain of a chapter who wasn't the Ultramarines and made one of the worst models ever to represent him. I'm normally a huge fan of GW sculpts, but what were they smoking?

That said it didn't stop be buying and painting the model..







The eagle was my first attempt at NMM, that's why it just looks yellow. I did have a go on the metal but painted over it as it looks too grey. SInce I've taken the close up photos I've noticed I really should highlight the base.

2 comments:

Fin said...

Romeos Twin Chins Approve

Craig Randall said...

lol! Quality

Post a Comment